Beit Shalom’s Philosophy (from our Constitution)
• We seek to create a vibrant community inspired by the spiritual, moral and ethical teachings of the Jewish tradition.
• We recognise that the Jewish tradition’s past, present and future is in its unvarying relationship with God, Torah and Israel.
• We recognise and cultivate the dynamic and developing nature of the Jewish religious tradition.
• We recognise the right of all individuals to be treated equally, regardless of race, age, sex, sexual orientation and ability.
• We seek to recognise the human, social and religious rights of people regardless of sexual orientation within a framework of commitment to the fundamental beliefs of Progressive Judaism and the values of the South Australian Progressive Jewish community.
• We seek to cultivate the relationship between the State of Israel and the Adelaide Jewish community.
• We respect the dynamic tension between personal autonomy and forming a cohesive community.
• We commit to creating a community that inspires, educates and cares for its constituents; and
work towards the value of Tikkun Olam – the healing of the entire world.